Job Title: Safety and Training (S&T) Manager
Status: New Role
Reports to: CEO
Closing Date: Tuesday, 18th June 2019
Applications to: email@example.com (CEO)
Main Purpose of Role
Motorsport Ireland (MI) is the National Governing Body (NGB) for Motorsport in Ireland, it has the delegated authority from the RIAC and FIA. It is a club-based organisation and community supporting a fair and accessible sport for all ages. Our clubs run a wide variety of motorsport events throughout the year ranging from Internationally renowned rallies to gateway events such as junior karting.
We are recruiting a Safety and Training Officer, who can budget, package and deliver comprehensive Training programmes in association with our Volunteers & Officials Commission covering a wide range of areas. The role will be required to work with our event organising clubs and the Safety Commission to ensure the Safety planning of all our sporting events held each year throughout the country. The role will also require supporting the MI team to introduce an improved Safety and Training Culture and will involve spending time across our disciplines ensuring that assistance and help is provided.
The S&T Manager is someone who can:
- Complete risk assessments and sign off on MI Safety Plans.
- Provide training in Safety in a clear and comprehensive manner.
- Develop extensive knowledge of our industry, equipment and procedures, in order to provide relevant information to our volunteers and staff.
- Identify potential development opportunities for S&T
- Liaise closely with team members, volunteers and safety commissions to deliver solutions for training on Safety issues.
- Work closely with management and commissions in each location to ensure implementation of Safety plans.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Exceptional PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines while juggling priorities.
- Comfortable with technology with the desire to learn new technology.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Higher level qualification in Safety and Training.
- Consistently meeting exceptional standards in the delivery of any training required.
- Flexible and willing to work on a hands-on basis across the country.
- To really understand the work of our competitors and officials and to transform their ideas and needs into innovative solutions.
- The role will require weekend event field work in the first few months around the country to build practical experience.