The Irish Automobile Club – as it was first known – was formed at a meeting on 22 January, 1901, and is one of the oldest motor clubs in the world. Set up to further and promote the interests of automobilism in Ireland, its first general meeting took place in the Metropole Hotel in Sackville Street (now O’Connell Street), Dublin on 12 March, 1901. The RIAC’s current clubhouse in Dawson Street also saw the formation of the Irish Aero Club in 1909.
The club was awarded the ‘Royal’ prefix to its title in recognition of the humanitarian work carried out by its members during the Great War when many Irish men, returning injured from the front, were transported to convalescent homes on members’ vehicles that were converted into ambulances for this pupose.
Located on Dawson Street, in the heart of Dublin, the RIAC is a stone’s throw from Dail Eireann (Irish Parliament), Government Ministries, Universities, Museums and many historic buildings. Dublin’s most popular shopping location, Grafton Street, is within a minute’s walk as is the beautiful St Stephen’s Green.
Two restaurants, Bar, Reading Room and Library with Wi-Fi facilities are available to members. 24 hour secure valet parking is provided year round. Meeting rooms are available for business meetings and private functions and can be arranged in advance on +353 1 677 5141 or by email: email@example.com. In-house catering is also available. A valet car wash facility is also available; booking is essential (on +353 1 677 5299).
The RIAC is the holder of the sporting power on behalf of the FIA in Ireland . This power is delegated on an annual basis to Motorsport Ireland. The headquarters of Motorsport Ireland are also located in the clubhouse on Dawson Street.
Details of our membership packages can be found here. For enquiries and application forms, call Breda Keating at +353 1 677 5141 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or download application form here.